Monday, 8 August 2011

Basic Korean Sentences 2


More sentences that are commonly used in Korea. I’m a professional Korean translator and these sentences are translated into Korean with reliable accuracy.


1. I’m hungry.

배고픕니다 – bae go pum ni da


2. Very

아주 – ah ju

This is a simple adverb which can be placed in front of any verb or adjective. For example, if you leave this word in front of the sentence above ‘I’m hungry,’ it will look:

아주 배고픕니다

And it will simply mean ‘I’m very hungry.’


3. Too

너무 – nuh mu

If you’d like to go a little more intense than a simple ‘very,’ use this word. For example, if you replace ‘아주 (very)’ with ‘너무 (too)’ in the above sentence, it will look:

너무 배고픕니다

And it means ‘I’m starving.’


4. I’m full (of stomach)

배부릅니다 – bae bu rum ni da

If you noticed there is a word repeated in both sentences of ‘I’m hungry’ and ‘I’m full,’ which is ‘배.’ It means stomach. Both sentences can be literally translated ‘My stomach is empty’ and ‘My stomach is full.’ Pretty self explanatory, isn’t it?


5. It’s hot. (weather)

덥습니다 – dhup sum ni da

Yes, I’m talking about the weather being hot and not girls. Korean summer is quite humid and temperature alone will not tell you how hot it is. If the temperature says it’s 30°C (86°F), you can expect it to feel like at least 5°C extra, which will make it to 35°C (95°F).

No comments:

Post a Comment